Skip to main content

Masters of the Universe Eternia Minis Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and Slime Pit Diorama/Displays

 


    Obligatory opening lines about how I love Masters of the Universe. You probably get that at this point. Anyway, I remember when the Minis first debuted during the Matty Collector days. I thought they were neat at the time but collecting the Classics figures was expensive enough, so I passed on them. Fast forward to 2021, where I've sold off my Classics collection (except the Laser Light Figures), I've left my vintage collection at my parent's house where future generations can discover them, and I'm only really collecting the Mega Construx brand. The only issue here is that the breaks seem to be HUGE in between releases of  Waves. 

    So during this 'in between' period, I've rediscovered the Minis. I LOVE the boxed displays and how the figures look like they jumped right out of the Most Powerful Game in the Universe mobile app. Also, as an uncle of three 0-4 year olds, I want to have something MOTU at my place that they get into when visiting. Alright, enough words, let's check these out.


The Grayskull and Snake Mountain sets share the same outer box 
with art on the front and back depicting either location.




















The Slime Pit has a different outer box.







The same He-Man that was in the Grayskull set.




Comparison shot.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mega Bloks Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2016 - Lord Zedd and Custom Squatt

So, 29 Blind Bags later, I completed the official collection with Lord Zedd. I've really enjoyed this series. Sure it is not the most detailed or articulated but there is just a certain fun factor that radiates from these figures. And now that it is complete, my focus has turned to what customs I can create. I've already posted about Rita Repulsa. By Zedd, she looks pretty great. Now I've added another custom with Squatt. It was challenging finding which lego pieces would best reflect the character. Here are my current Evil Space Alien leaders. I still have a few more in the works.

Funko Savage World Thundercats Wave 2

2018 was an exciting time for me because we finally received Thundercats in the same scale as Masters of the Universe! It was a dream come true for myself and, I'm sure, many other children of the 80's. The excitement was unfortunately short lived as the factory that Funko worked with screwed up the plastics used on hip articulation. Many figure arrived with broken or soon to be broken crotches and Funko was dealt a pretty serious black eye. However, they worked hard to fix that issue but that also pushed back Wave 2 of Thundercats over a year. During that time, they went ahead with a mass market retail approach for a DC Comics universe in the Savage World style. While there were some nice toys in this line, especially the Bat Cave, the overall appeal to general audiences didn't seem to be there. A lot of planned Savage World lines seemed to get axed because of the gamble not paying off. Thankfully, Thundercats Wave 2 made the cut and began arriving this past quarter...

Gamerztek 8-Bit HD and Gaming Relics custom cases

I'm still a fan of retro video games which probably doesn't surprise anyone since I still collect retro toys. When I play, I normally use the Retron 5 as my console because I love being able to save my progress at any point while using my cartridges. However, Retron 5 doesn't recognize a lot of multicarts and it also can't load game cheats for homebrews or game hacks. To compensate, I had been using Retro Bit's Retro Trio with an upscaler for HDMI. Its a great system and worked well but I decided it was time to upgrade to a console with a better HDMI output. After doing my online research, I decided to go with the 8-Bit HD. These are not the best screenshots as it is just me using my phone but I was blown away by the difference this made. Everything was very crisp. The console itself is very cheap. I bought it on Amazon for $30. It appears that I got the last one but I'm sharing the link for when they restock. Its also available in a lot of other pla...

Kre-O G.I. Joe Battle Wagon

  G.I. Joe has always had amazing vehicles for your figures to interact with. As the line grew, so did the imaginations of the creators, as each year seemed to provide us with something bigger than the one before. After the U.S.S. Flagg and the Defiant, bigger was no longer an option but that didn't stop G.I. Joe from just going big and bold with their designs.  The 1990s era of the line is not universally loved but they gave us plenty of big vehicles, including the Battle Wagon. The Battle Wagon was heavily marketed as an essential item for Joe fans of the time, especially in the DIC cartoon. Unfortunately, I never had it as a kid. It was a high price tag item and, honestly, I never remember seeing it in stores. When I was in college, my younger brother bought two of them on ebay. Being able to see them in person, I had to agree it was worth the hype that Hasbro put around it. I've now moved away from collecting traditional Joes. I'm older and I want my nephews and nieces ...

Carry Cases - MOTU, MOTU Deluxe, TMNT Deluxe

Continuing on with my Carry Case collection, I've added some more this month. First up is the Masters of the Universe Collectors Case. It was designed to hold 8 but I easily have about 20 figures inside. Definitely not enough to hold an entire collection but could easily contain one faction. I have the majority of the Heroic Warriors in this one. Makes it easier to find which figures I'm looking for when I change up displays. I love the art on these cases, they alway pick just the right art to capture your imagination and ready your brain for adventure. Now the Deluxe Masters of the Universe Carry Case is quite the upgrade, not only does it hold double the figures but the inside doubles as a playset! Amazingly cool. I have all of my Evil Warriors, Horde and Snakemen inside this one. Finally, the Deluxe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Carry Case. This one is the perfect size for TMNT collectors. It was able to hold b...