Skip to main content

Masters of the Universe Mega Construx Large Update - Battle Ram, Roton, Point Dread, Skeletor Heads, Battle Armor Faker, Stinkor, Fisto, updated Grayskull Throne, etc.


A little over a year ago, I felt that I was done with collecting toys. I had a reached a point where nothing really appealed to me anymore. It just no longer brought me joy. Maybe I just needed some time away because last month I found myself being pulled back into it. Especially for the Mega Construx MOTU line. 

I had already begun the process of selling off a lot of my collection. Thankfully, I had not sold these. So, I jumped back in with both feet and made some huge Amazon/Ebay orders! Not counting a few Evil Lyn's, a Teela, unflocked Moss Man, and a Skeletor, I think I'm currently uptodate on the line.

And without any more backstory, here's the goods:

Point Dread, Talon Fighter, and Panthor






I'm in the group that prefers to keep Point Dread separate from Castle Grayskull so here is mine atop the Mystic Mountains. The mountain bases came from a Mega Bloks Pyrate set and the little rocks on the side are from one of the Skeletor Head sets. I plan on getting more of these bases to make the mountains a bit more mountainy. 




You'll notice the Cliff Climber attached to the back of the console. 
I figured this was the best place to store it... mountains and all.


I decided to move the computer console over to the side so that 
Point Dread could actually be a usable space. 


LOVE the vinyl Easter Egg.


There's SO much more room for activities!


FYI, my Zodak had VERY stiff plastic and had a tough time connecting to the waist. 
In fact, his back began to crack. Luckily, the harness covers it.





All the weapon racks so far (I've mixed and matched some weapons too).








Yes, the chickens have large talons.




I had not planned on using the Panthor helmet but mine came with an odd paint rub. Oh well, now I have an excuse to get the Flocked Panthor.

Fisto and Skeletor Head Fisto with Cliff Climber



I decided to mix and match my Fistos because the single card version had 'crazy eyes'.



I also chose to give Fisto a mace instead of his sword. 
I never really felt a guy like him would use a sword anyway. 
He's a brawler.







The Cliff Climber is pretty neat and if I were 5-12, I'd really love using it.




Point Dread also came with the Temple of Darkness Sorceress and the Cliff Climber came with another Crystal Orb. I decided to have two orbs, one at the top of Grayskull and one below. Also, my TOD Sorceress (in my head cannon) is actually a prior Sorceress of Grayskull who now goes by the name 'the Guardian'. She and the Goddess aide and advise the current Sorceress Force Ghost style.

Battle Ram






This thing is so small yet so perfectly scaled at the same time. It's hard to explain but I think a lot of it has to do with adjusting to these from Lego. Everything in Lego feels so oversized and bulky in comparison, it's crazy.













Lots of places for the homies.



This is how they rode MY Battle Ram as a kid. 
I'm glad it still looks good in this scale.



Yep, here is where Fisto's sword wound up. 



Roton and Battle Cat






I was disappointed at first when he wasn't blue but that sea green really pops.



I moved the 'face' forward a row to create more leg room in the cockpit.










Skeletor Head Trap Jaw and He-Man, Stinkor, and Battle Armor Faker













All the current Fakers. I think the SDCC one is my favorite so far. I love the neon pink.


Battle Armor Bros


All the current He-mans


All of the Skeletors that I have so far.


I hated how the Sorceress couldn't sit in her throne so I made some changes. Looks a bit more Filmation-y now. Also, I added a place for the Powersword a la the 80's movie.



All the current Heroic Warriors/Masters





All the current Evil Warriors




Honestly, we still need more Evil vehicles. I'm trying to stock up on Rotons and I gave them the Battle Bones but we definitely need some more. I'd LOVE to see the following:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gamerztek 8-Bit HD and Gaming Relics custom cases

I'm still a fan of retro video games which probably doesn't surprise anyone since I still collect retro toys. When I play, I normally use the Retron 5 as my console because I love being able to save my progress at any point while using my cartridges. However, Retron 5 doesn't recognize a lot of multicarts and it also can't load game cheats for homebrews or game hacks. To compensate, I had been using Retro Bit's Retro Trio with an upscaler for HDMI. Its a great system and worked well but I decided it was time to upgrade to a console with a better HDMI output. After doing my online research, I decided to go with the 8-Bit HD. These are not the best screenshots as it is just me using my phone but I was blown away by the difference this made. Everything was very crisp. The console itself is very cheap. I bought it on Amazon for $30. It appears that I got the last one but I'm sharing the link for when they restock. Its also available in a lot of other pla...

Kre-O G.I. Joe Forces/ USS Flagg

Seeing this boxed set a few years ago is what got me back into collecting G.I. Joe. I had passed on the joy of G.I. Joe to my younger brothers, and to its credit, its one of the few franchises that has stuck with them. I don't feel bad about giving them my collection because most of my collections began when my cousins passed them on to me. Plus, with all of the vehicles and playsets, they are a little much to have up and displayed. Finding the Kre-O sets allowed me to keep showing my love for G.I. Joe on a smaller scale.  The fact that it was a Slaughter's Marauders set is was truly sold me. Love the Sarge. So anyways, here are my current Joes. I've already posted a blog about my Cobra collection, which you can find here,  Cobra Forces . After this, I'll make a post on my Iron Grenadiers and the rest of my Vehicles/Playsets. USS Flagg Not an official set. I found this Chinese knock off and modified the cabin so that it could hold figures. Also added...

Transformers Legends Scale Jazz, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Starscream, and Thundercracker

Around the end of the G1 line, Transformers made the Pretenders which produced some smaller versions of some popular bots like Jazz and Starscream that would fit in different shells/skins. In 1989, they re-released these figures without the shells and just called them Legends. In the 2000s, Hasbro decided to bring this scale back with their Robots in Disguise, Transformers Universe, Reveal the Shield and various other lines. Over time, the scale has continuously fluctuated so that it is tough to understand just how different figures will line up. This proved particularly challenging for me when I was searching for an appropriately sized Optimus Prime for my GoBots. Well, now I have added some more Transformers to my collection, Jazz, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Starscream, and Thundercracker. They are all about the same size. This bothers me a little bit when it comes to Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, but when I put them with Optimus or the GoBots, it all works out pretty ...

Custom Kenner Super Powers/Toy Biz DC Superheroes Nuclear Man (Superman IV)

I'm an unashamed fan of Superman IV. It probably goes back to the fact that it used to air on TBS all the time when I was kid. It might also be because I'm a fan of bad movies in general (Masters of the Universe, Flash Gordon, Super Mario Bros. and Mortal Kombat, I'm looking at you). With all that in mind, I've always wanted a Nuclear Man action figure. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't want the guy who slammed Supes feet first into the moon?! As a collector of the Toy Biz DC Superheroes line, I noticed that it is decidedly empty on the Superman side when it comes to baddies. Earlier this year, I was able to pick up a custom Cyborg Superman. Well, now I am happy to say that thanks to  37 Customs  I have added Nuclear Man to my Legion of Doom! "Do you know what this means, Uncle Lex? We're parents!" - Lenny Luthor Between the Kryptonite and Nuclear man, Lex is secure in his position atop the Legion of Doom. Twice the dange...

Kre-O G.I. Joe Battle Wagon

  G.I. Joe has always had amazing vehicles for your figures to interact with. As the line grew, so did the imaginations of the creators, as each year seemed to provide us with something bigger than the one before. After the U.S.S. Flagg and the Defiant, bigger was no longer an option but that didn't stop G.I. Joe from just going big and bold with their designs.  The 1990s era of the line is not universally loved but they gave us plenty of big vehicles, including the Battle Wagon. The Battle Wagon was heavily marketed as an essential item for Joe fans of the time, especially in the DIC cartoon. Unfortunately, I never had it as a kid. It was a high price tag item and, honestly, I never remember seeing it in stores. When I was in college, my younger brother bought two of them on ebay. Being able to see them in person, I had to agree it was worth the hype that Hasbro put around it. I've now moved away from collecting traditional Joes. I'm older and I want my nephews and nieces ...