Skip to main content

Kre-O G.I. Joe Forces/ USS Flagg

Amazon.com: SDCC 2015 Exclusive Kre-O G.I. Joe Construction ...

Seeing this boxed set a few years ago is what got me back into collecting G.I. Joe. I had passed on the joy of G.I. Joe to my younger brothers, and to its credit, its one of the few franchises that has stuck with them. I don't feel bad about giving them my collection because most of my collections began when my cousins passed them on to me. Plus, with all of the vehicles and playsets, they are a little much to have up and displayed. Finding the Kre-O sets allowed me to keep showing my love for G.I. Joe on a smaller scale. 

The fact that it was a Slaughter's Marauders set is was truly sold me. Love the Sarge. So anyways, here are my current Joes. I've already posted a blog about my Cobra collection, which you can find here, Cobra Forces. After this, I'll make a post on my Iron Grenadiers and the rest of my Vehicles/Playsets.

USS Flagg


Not an official set. I found this Chinese knock off and modified the cabin so that it could hold figures. Also added gating to hold planes in place.


It can easily carry two Skystrikers or 3 to 4 Sky Hawks. 


The Joes


Ace, Dogfight, General Hawk, Wild Bill, Ripcord


Deep Six, Cutter, Wet Suit, Shipwreck and Polly


Quick Kick, Snake Eyes, Nunchuk, Storm Shadow


Col. Brekhov (Red Star) and Big Bear


Duke, Stalker, Scarlett


Lady Jaye, Flint, Recondo


Doc, Outback, Lifeline


Bazooka, Roadblock, Alpine


Dialtone, Mainframe, Breaker


Leatherneck, Rock'n Roll, Gung Ho


Dusty (Still looking for better legs), Iceberg, Tripwire


Tunnel Rat, Falcon (with Sonic Fighters helipack), Law and Order


Night Force: Spearhead and Max, Repeater, Charbroil


Dodger, Shockwave (a mix of v1 and v2)


Fridge (still looking for good hair), Beachhead


Capt. Grid-Iron, Heavy Duty




The Alpha Team, kind of a mixture of Street Fighter and Movie/Celebrity characters. They are a Special Ops group for the Joes.


Guile, Blanka


McQuade (Chuck Norris, Lone Wolf McQuade), Tiger (Bruce Lee, Game of Death)


BA Baracus (Mr. T, The A Team), DJ "Hurricane" Spencer (Hulk Hogan, Thunder in Paradise)


Slaughter's Marauders


Rambo (might change him to the Alpha Team), Sgt. Slaughter, Scoop


Low Light, Mutt and Junkyard, Barbecue


Spirit, Footloose


Mad Dog, Mercer, Taurus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gamerztek 8-Bit HD and Gaming Relics custom cases

I'm still a fan of retro video games which probably doesn't surprise anyone since I still collect retro toys. When I play, I normally use the Retron 5 as my console because I love being able to save my progress at any point while using my cartridges. However, Retron 5 doesn't recognize a lot of multicarts and it also can't load game cheats for homebrews or game hacks. To compensate, I had been using Retro Bit's Retro Trio with an upscaler for HDMI. Its a great system and worked well but I decided it was time to upgrade to a console with a better HDMI output. After doing my online research, I decided to go with the 8-Bit HD. These are not the best screenshots as it is just me using my phone but I was blown away by the difference this made. Everything was very crisp. The console itself is very cheap. I bought it on Amazon for $30. It appears that I got the last one but I'm sharing the link for when they restock. Its also available in a lot of other pla...

Star Wars Power of the Force Classic Edition 4 Pack

I had no idea this 4 pack existed until a few weeks ago. As I've previously mentioned, my first Star Wars toys were hand me down vintage figures. Later on I would get Bend-ems and the Micro Machines sets, but the vintage figures were my Star Wars figures until Power of the Force 2 came out. Apparently, this pack was released ahead of their arrival in a way to both build anticipation and also create a neat throw back for classic fans. If I had known about this, I would have been ALL over it. I only had Hoth Han Solo and Bespin Luke in my collection at the time so having these versions of the two would have been amazing. I didn't even have a Chewbacca or a Darth Vader, so yeah. I would have bought this. I probably would have bought two, one to open and one to keep as a memento. Star Wars toys were just so rare at the time that the idea of having one complete in package would have been a piece of art for me. I had been watching some of these on ebay for awhile but I finally found ...

Toy Biz DC Superheroes Flash v2, Hawkman, Two Face

I started getting back into the DC Superheroes line early last year. Even though the Kenner Super Powers line is superior in a lot of ways, this line has a nostalgic value for me. Recently, I was able to add three more figures to my collection: Hawkman, Two Face, and the second version of the Flash! Version 2 is a HUGE upgrade over Version 1. V2 Flash doesn't rely on a wind up action feature so it actually has arm articulation. Now Flash can actually do some better posing... let alone throw a punch! V2 Flash also comes with a Quicksilver/Silver Surfer-esqe platform. It even moves forward on its own if you pull it backwards.  Toy Biz vs Kenner. The Kenner figure is obviously the better choice. Just one look at his weapon and his head sculpt and that is obvious. However, there is a dumb charm to the Toy Biz figure and I'm happy to have him. I really like this Two Face figure. He has a winding feature for flipping his...

30th Anniversary Tribute to the New Adventures of He-Man

This year marks the 30th Anniversary to the New Adventures of He-Man. I never cared for the show as a child. It was just too different: different themes, different characterizations, different characters, different voices, different settings, etc. It was just too much change to accept. I did like the action figures. I still remember when my brother and I found He-man and Skeletor at a Kay Bees. We loved them and even bought a Flipshot because we thought it was Man at Arms. As the years went on, it really bugged me that I didn't care for the show. I mean, what is not to like? You've got He-man... fighting Skeletor... in space... with a lightsaber. I was a big Silverhawks fan so this screamed awesome to me. The DVD sets were released in the early 2000s so I decided to give it another try. Unfortunately, I still didn't care for it. With this being the 30th Anniversary of the line, I made the firm decision to actually sit down, watch the show, and withhold my biases. The...

Carry Cases - MOTU, MOTU Deluxe, TMNT Deluxe

Continuing on with my Carry Case collection, I've added some more this month. First up is the Masters of the Universe Collectors Case. It was designed to hold 8 but I easily have about 20 figures inside. Definitely not enough to hold an entire collection but could easily contain one faction. I have the majority of the Heroic Warriors in this one. Makes it easier to find which figures I'm looking for when I change up displays. I love the art on these cases, they alway pick just the right art to capture your imagination and ready your brain for adventure. Now the Deluxe Masters of the Universe Carry Case is quite the upgrade, not only does it hold double the figures but the inside doubles as a playset! Amazingly cool. I have all of my Evil Warriors, Horde and Snakemen inside this one. Finally, the Deluxe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Carry Case. This one is the perfect size for TMNT collectors. It was able to hold b...