Skip to main content

Kre-O Cobra Forces/Terror Drome


A few years ago, I found myself coming to terms with the end of MOTUC and was feeling kind of done with collecting toys. That was until I came across the Kre-O set of Slaughter's Marauders and Iron Grenadiers on Amazon for only $25! I had been aware of Kre-O when it first started but I hadn't really paid much attention to it.

Long story short, I spent the next year stocking up on a lot of what I had missed. What really enticed me about these figures was the customizability that was possible akin to playing Fire Pro Wrestling. The details didn't matter too much as long as it could pass the 'squint test'.

This post is going to focus only on my collection of Cobra figures and my modified Terror Drome. Later on, I'll hit the Joes and the Iron Grenadiers.


Nemesis Enforcer and Serpentor. I updated his headdress utilizing pieces from the knockoff lego Serpentor from China.


Cobra Commander and my custom Battle Armor Cobra Commander.


The Dreadnoks - Zarana, my custom 90's era Road Pig, Torch, Ripper, and Zartan. 
Still working on a Buzzer. 


Cobra Mortal, Dr. Mindbender, and Copperhead


Tomax and Xamot


Customs of Cesspool, Letal (Brazilian Cobra figure), the Interrogator


Scrap Iron, Major Bludd, and Firefly


Slice and Dice


Ninja-Ku's


Custom SAW Vipers. I wasn't a fan of the official release so I made my own. 
Still need two more non Transformer heads.


The original Crimson Guards were pricey by the time I entered the game so I decided to use extra Firebat pilots to make some Crimson Guard Immortals.


Night Viper and two Battle Damage BATs


Customs of the 90's Eel, Range Viper, Heat Viper, and Laser Viper


Various Cobra Troopers and Officers


Televipers and Techno Vipers


Vipers


Firebat pilots


Customs of the Headman, Gristle and some Headhunters.


Customs of Cobra's Asian arm, Shadowloo - M. Bison, Sagat, Vega, Dee Jay, and Zangief. 


The Terror Drome (Modified)


I liked the Terror Drome but I didn't like how compact everything was so I decided to pimp mine up a bit. I still might buy a second one to add on to it.




Front landing zone for Fangs or Trouble Bubbles.


Front gate opened up to reveal the main defense and a place for vehicles to attack from.





Dropping the left panel reveals a command station of sorts.


Command console in contact with the Commander.


Also, another place for vehicles to pass through.


Dropping the right panel reveals Dr. Mindbender's laboratory. 


Assorted injections and chemicals and a place for patients/victims.



Take two and hiss at me in the morning.



The top level still functions the same way, minus the launcher for the Firebat. Now it just sits there or can fly out when needed. Removing the launcher also gives me the choice to house other vehicles there instead.



Removing the top level reveals Serpentor's Throne room.



I ran out of panels for the back so I decided to have it be Serpentor's launch area for his Air Chariot. The Throne room leads straight to it.




I really love this line and I wish it had continued. Luckily, there are still many more customs to be made with what already exists between these, the Transformers and their Cityville lines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Power of the Force Classic Edition 4 Pack

I had no idea this 4 pack existed until a few weeks ago. As I've previously mentioned, my first Star Wars toys were hand me down vintage figures. Later on I would get Bend-ems and the Micro Machines sets, but the vintage figures were my Star Wars figures until Power of the Force 2 came out. Apparently, this pack was released ahead of their arrival in a way to both build anticipation and also create a neat throw back for classic fans. If I had known about this, I would have been ALL over it. I only had Hoth Han Solo and Bespin Luke in my collection at the time so having these versions of the two would have been amazing. I didn't even have a Chewbacca or a Darth Vader, so yeah. I would have bought this. I probably would have bought two, one to open and one to keep as a memento. Star Wars toys were just so rare at the time that the idea of having one complete in package would have been a piece of art for me. I had been watching some of these on ebay for awhile but I finally found ...

30th Anniversary Tribute to the New Adventures of He-Man

This year marks the 30th Anniversary to the New Adventures of He-Man. I never cared for the show as a child. It was just too different: different themes, different characterizations, different characters, different voices, different settings, etc. It was just too much change to accept. I did like the action figures. I still remember when my brother and I found He-man and Skeletor at a Kay Bees. We loved them and even bought a Flipshot because we thought it was Man at Arms. As the years went on, it really bugged me that I didn't care for the show. I mean, what is not to like? You've got He-man... fighting Skeletor... in space... with a lightsaber. I was a big Silverhawks fan so this screamed awesome to me. The DVD sets were released in the early 2000s so I decided to give it another try. Unfortunately, I still didn't care for it. With this being the 30th Anniversary of the line, I made the firm decision to actually sit down, watch the show, and withhold my biases. The...

Carry Cases - MOTU, MOTU Deluxe, TMNT Deluxe

Continuing on with my Carry Case collection, I've added some more this month. First up is the Masters of the Universe Collectors Case. It was designed to hold 8 but I easily have about 20 figures inside. Definitely not enough to hold an entire collection but could easily contain one faction. I have the majority of the Heroic Warriors in this one. Makes it easier to find which figures I'm looking for when I change up displays. I love the art on these cases, they alway pick just the right art to capture your imagination and ready your brain for adventure. Now the Deluxe Masters of the Universe Carry Case is quite the upgrade, not only does it hold double the figures but the inside doubles as a playset! Amazingly cool. I have all of my Evil Warriors, Horde and Snakemen inside this one. Finally, the Deluxe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Carry Case. This one is the perfect size for TMNT collectors. It was able to hold b...

Mega Bloks Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2016 - Lord Zedd and Custom Squatt

So, 29 Blind Bags later, I completed the official collection with Lord Zedd. I've really enjoyed this series. Sure it is not the most detailed or articulated but there is just a certain fun factor that radiates from these figures. And now that it is complete, my focus has turned to what customs I can create. I've already posted about Rita Repulsa. By Zedd, she looks pretty great. Now I've added another custom with Squatt. It was challenging finding which lego pieces would best reflect the character. Here are my current Evil Space Alien leaders. I still have a few more in the works.

Star Wars Power of the Force Wave 6 Collection

  Here they are, the final wave of single figures from the Red Lightsaber Power of the Force 2 collection. It feels weird to know that I have the complete set and that I got them all brand new. As I've mentioned previously, this series was my Star Wars and they arrived in the aisle at the perfect time for my fandom. And being able to grow up with many vintage figures only raised my excitement for the Star Wars relaunch in 1995. My nine to eleven year old self is feeling an incredible sense of satisfaction. And the only thing that had made this collection even more gratifying has been the prices. I know a lot of people bought multiples of figures way back when, expecting to have a giant pay off in the future. I do have some pity for them but, moreso, I'm thankful that their efforts made the prices on these figures fantastic and what we could only wish all of our favorite toy lines still enjoyed. Greedo As much as I love this line, even I can admit that they made some errors. For...