Skip to main content

Star Wars Power of the Force Wave 3 Collection


Wave 3 kind of feels more like Wave 2.5. We received 3 more figures from the Empire Strikes Back and 1 from both Episodes IV and V. The time for the Red Lightsaber backing card was almost over as we were inching closer to Shadows of the Empire which introduced the new Lightsaber color packaging refresh for the line. It feels weird that we didn't get more figures with Red Cards. The majority of this line was going to happen with Green Cards, through either Power of the Force or Power of the Jedi. Looking back, it feels odd that Power of the Jedi didn't just refresh the Lightsaber again with blue. Oh well, here are the figures!


Hoth Gear Han Solo


My first Han Solo was the vintage Hoth Han Solo so it was cool seeing this figure released. These days, you will see a lot of discussion online about the coloring of Han's jacket (is it brown or blue?) or why he was wearing a cap that we didn't see in the film. Neither of these issues struck me when he came out, I was just happy to have him.





Dagobah Luke Skywalker


This was my second new Luke after my pal stole my pilot version. I love this Luke head sculpt that we see throughout the Red Card line. In my opinion, it is only bested by the Expanded Universe Dark Empire Luke headsculpt. This figure was strange in that he was obviously designed to stand with Yoda attached to his back. Without the Jedi Master you have to resort to some interesting leg poses. 




Yoda

This was my first Yoda figure. He was fun to have when sending Luke to train as a Jedi but after that... you kind of had to be creative. Yoda used to spend a lot of time in Rebel briefing rooms or being held prisoner. With the Prequels in hindsight, I realize that I missed a lot of opportunities for more adventure with Yoda.






Tie Fighter Pilot

Our second army building figure. However, you really needed to have a lot of Tie Fighters to justify having a lot of pilots and I was never a big vehicle purchaser as a kid. When you have $25 in your hand, you can buy a vehicle or 5 figures. I almost always chose to get 5 more figures but I did have a Tie Fighter.











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gamerztek 8-Bit HD and Gaming Relics custom cases

I'm still a fan of retro video games which probably doesn't surprise anyone since I still collect retro toys. When I play, I normally use the Retron 5 as my console because I love being able to save my progress at any point while using my cartridges. However, Retron 5 doesn't recognize a lot of multicarts and it also can't load game cheats for homebrews or game hacks. To compensate, I had been using Retro Bit's Retro Trio with an upscaler for HDMI. Its a great system and worked well but I decided it was time to upgrade to a console with a better HDMI output. After doing my online research, I decided to go with the 8-Bit HD. These are not the best screenshots as it is just me using my phone but I was blown away by the difference this made. Everything was very crisp. The console itself is very cheap. I bought it on Amazon for $30. It appears that I got the last one but I'm sharing the link for when they restock. Its also available in a lot of other pla...

Transformers Legends Scale Jazz, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Starscream, and Thundercracker

Around the end of the G1 line, Transformers made the Pretenders which produced some smaller versions of some popular bots like Jazz and Starscream that would fit in different shells/skins. In 1989, they re-released these figures without the shells and just called them Legends. In the 2000s, Hasbro decided to bring this scale back with their Robots in Disguise, Transformers Universe, Reveal the Shield and various other lines. Over time, the scale has continuously fluctuated so that it is tough to understand just how different figures will line up. This proved particularly challenging for me when I was searching for an appropriately sized Optimus Prime for my GoBots. Well, now I have added some more Transformers to my collection, Jazz, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Starscream, and Thundercracker. They are all about the same size. This bothers me a little bit when it comes to Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, but when I put them with Optimus or the GoBots, it all works out pretty ...

Toy Biz Batman Batmobile

 Recently, I learned that the Toy Biz Batmobile was a two seater! Talk about a game changer. I loved my Kenner Batmobile, it had the engine missile, machine guns, and the pop out/rotating fire effect, but it could only hold Batman. As a 1966 Batman devotee, I always wanted Robin to ride batarang so that he could hear lectures about automobile safety as he approached his 16th birthday. It took a bit of searching but I found a pretty good one in $50 range on Ebay. The stickers were included but I decided not to apply them. I love the chrome features over the gold hubcaps on the Kenner Batmobile. The passenger seat is everything for me with this. The gear shift opens secret missile launchers in the front.  The Bat Trunk was an interesting feature. It has a lot of depth, which I guess can be useful for taking criminals to Arkham, or disposing of their bodies. I guess everyone has competing views of the Caped Crusaders thes...

Kre-O G.I. Joe Forces/ USS Flagg

Seeing this boxed set a few years ago is what got me back into collecting G.I. Joe. I had passed on the joy of G.I. Joe to my younger brothers, and to its credit, its one of the few franchises that has stuck with them. I don't feel bad about giving them my collection because most of my collections began when my cousins passed them on to me. Plus, with all of the vehicles and playsets, they are a little much to have up and displayed. Finding the Kre-O sets allowed me to keep showing my love for G.I. Joe on a smaller scale.  The fact that it was a Slaughter's Marauders set is was truly sold me. Love the Sarge. So anyways, here are my current Joes. I've already posted a blog about my Cobra collection, which you can find here,  Cobra Forces . After this, I'll make a post on my Iron Grenadiers and the rest of my Vehicles/Playsets. USS Flagg Not an official set. I found this Chinese knock off and modified the cabin so that it could hold figures. Also added...

Vintage Masters of the Universe - Fisto and Kobra Khan

A really cool side effect of the greatness of the MOTUC line is that many are parting with their vintage figures. This week I picked up Fisto and Kobra Khan.  Both of these guys are in really good condition. The Fisto has a slightly off right leg, the band isn't loose but it is starting to pull backwards. Treacherous snakes. He-Man just needs to last long enough for one of these guys to betray the other. Strongest hands in the land. The team up you always needed.  If you're having Mutant problems, I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but this fist ain't one!