Skip to main content

Mega Construx MOTU - Wind Raider, SDCC Battle Bones, Man at Arms and Evil Lyn



I'm always sold on when a toy line is offered in a similar way to lego. I have the Mega Construx Power Rangers, the Kre-O G.I. Joe series (that I will showcase at some point) and now I have added Masters of the Universe to my collection. Previously, I purchased and did an entry covering the Heroes of Eternia 5 pack but over the summer I have stocked up on their other offerings.

1 - The Wind Raider (w/ alternate He-Man and Skeletor)


At $20, this is a really nice set. The Wind Raider is supremely well built, detailed, and articulated. It has all of the same action features as the vintage vehicle as well - winch, wheels, wings, tail fin. It is very sturdy. I know a lot of people worry about that when it comes to non lego brands, but this thing holds together well.









V1 and V2 He-Man. Only differences are in the coloring of the harness and weapons. V1 has the Powersword and Shield in light grey. V2 has the Battle Axe in a silvery color.


V1 Skeletor is barefoot with the havoc staff. V2 has the boots and his version of the Powersword.


The scale is perfect. I know that with the Kre-O Joes line, some of the vehicles came off a little small. No such worries here.




2 - Man at Arms and Evil Lyn

The single carded figures are great if you can get them at the original price. Amazon always offers these on pre-order so you stay under the $5 mark.


Mustache Duncan is always a win.


I like to pretend that the yellow skinned version of Evil Lyn has sought out more power to be on par with Skeletor.

3 - San Diego Comic Con Battle Bones

Thank goodness for scalpers! California is a bit of a distance for me but ebay always pulls through to help me out when needed. The Battle Bones is NOT as sturdy as the Wind Raider. There are a lot of little pieces at play here so a gentle touch is needed. However, the design and poseability of this guy is great!

He can carry eight figures into battle utilizing the hole in their back. His mouth also contains many weapons including the blue weapons pack version of He-Man's weapons.









The details on these weapons are spot on.


Moss Man was probably my main reason for wanting this. They will be releasing a Moss Man later on as a single carded figure but only this one is flocked! He doesn't smell pine fresh but the set did come with a Moss Man air freshener to hang in your car.


Snake Armor Teela


1982 Toy version Man at Arms


Battle Damage Faker. I'm guessing the pink is so you could also make a Leo Faker kitbash.


Previous figure comparisons:




You'll notice the lighter red on this Teela, as well as the lighter gold arm bands. Her Staff of Ka is also longer than the previous release. The headdress is removable and you will notice that her tiara is unpainted.




The Villains


The Heroes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gamerztek 8-Bit HD and Gaming Relics custom cases

I'm still a fan of retro video games which probably doesn't surprise anyone since I still collect retro toys. When I play, I normally use the Retron 5 as my console because I love being able to save my progress at any point while using my cartridges. However, Retron 5 doesn't recognize a lot of multicarts and it also can't load game cheats for homebrews or game hacks. To compensate, I had been using Retro Bit's Retro Trio with an upscaler for HDMI. Its a great system and worked well but I decided it was time to upgrade to a console with a better HDMI output. After doing my online research, I decided to go with the 8-Bit HD. These are not the best screenshots as it is just me using my phone but I was blown away by the difference this made. Everything was very crisp. The console itself is very cheap. I bought it on Amazon for $30. It appears that I got the last one but I'm sharing the link for when they restock. Its also available in a lot of other pla...

Toy Biz Batman Batmobile

 Recently, I learned that the Toy Biz Batmobile was a two seater! Talk about a game changer. I loved my Kenner Batmobile, it had the engine missile, machine guns, and the pop out/rotating fire effect, but it could only hold Batman. As a 1966 Batman devotee, I always wanted Robin to ride batarang so that he could hear lectures about automobile safety as he approached his 16th birthday. It took a bit of searching but I found a pretty good one in $50 range on Ebay. The stickers were included but I decided not to apply them. I love the chrome features over the gold hubcaps on the Kenner Batmobile. The passenger seat is everything for me with this. The gear shift opens secret missile launchers in the front.  The Bat Trunk was an interesting feature. It has a lot of depth, which I guess can be useful for taking criminals to Arkham, or disposing of their bodies. I guess everyone has competing views of the Caped Crusaders thes...

Kre-O G.I. Joe Forces/ USS Flagg

Seeing this boxed set a few years ago is what got me back into collecting G.I. Joe. I had passed on the joy of G.I. Joe to my younger brothers, and to its credit, its one of the few franchises that has stuck with them. I don't feel bad about giving them my collection because most of my collections began when my cousins passed them on to me. Plus, with all of the vehicles and playsets, they are a little much to have up and displayed. Finding the Kre-O sets allowed me to keep showing my love for G.I. Joe on a smaller scale.  The fact that it was a Slaughter's Marauders set is was truly sold me. Love the Sarge. So anyways, here are my current Joes. I've already posted a blog about my Cobra collection, which you can find here,  Cobra Forces . After this, I'll make a post on my Iron Grenadiers and the rest of my Vehicles/Playsets. USS Flagg Not an official set. I found this Chinese knock off and modified the cabin so that it could hold figures. Also added...

Vintage Masters of the Universe - Fisto and Kobra Khan

A really cool side effect of the greatness of the MOTUC line is that many are parting with their vintage figures. This week I picked up Fisto and Kobra Khan.  Both of these guys are in really good condition. The Fisto has a slightly off right leg, the band isn't loose but it is starting to pull backwards. Treacherous snakes. He-Man just needs to last long enough for one of these guys to betray the other. Strongest hands in the land. The team up you always needed.  If you're having Mutant problems, I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but this fist ain't one!

Star Wars Power of the Force Shadows of the Empire Vehicles Outrider and Slave One

  Shadows the Empire was an amazing period in Star Wars history. It's sad that the overall story was just tossed to the side like it was meaningless. I could understand a reworking of certain story elements but just treating it like it never existed was such a blow for me. Thankfully, I will always have the memories and, for now, I have the toys. I didn't have either of these vehicles growing up. I've mentioned in previous blogs how I favored getting multiple figures over a single vehicle when visiting the toy store but that did not mean that I did not want them. Being able to have them now as an adult is still pretty cool.  Slave One We are all well aware of how cool this ship is and the toy is pretty sweet as well. I think my favorite feature is the open up cargo area that helps this ship tread the line between vehicle and playset. Toy Polloi has even designed an insert that you can stick in this area that gives Boba some things to fiddle  with. I also love that it...